A Different Kind of Use for Plan To Eat

missynic

13 Sep, 2013 12:27 PM

Hi,

I just wanted to say thank you for making Plan to Eat so simple. I have tried other recipe planners before and just found them so clunky and time-consuming that it wasn't worth my while. Plan to Eat has taken all of that and turned it on its head.

I love that you don't have to enter ingredients or instructions one at a time. Even if the recipe won't transfer (and they do 90% of the time) all I have to do is copy and paste everything at once. And don't even get me started on how unbelievably painless it is to add this stuff to my menu planner.

Even my husband, who thought subscription-based meal planning software was frivolous, is a true believer. He upgraded our free trial to paid before it was over, and he didn't even tell me first because he was so sold on it.

Well, as if I needed one more reason to love Plan to Eat, I have found one more way it is awesome. Please forgive me as I give you a little background. I quit my job in May to be an entrepreneur and pulled my kids out of daycare during the transition. I have been struggling to keep them busy during the day and finally settled on a schedule that requires me to plan two activities for them (morning and afternoon) each day. Then came actually scheduling all of this stuff and making sure I had supplies ready to go each day....

I decided to try to pin crafts to my Plan to Eat planner and it totally worked! I just use the browser extension to pull the crafts in. If it doesn't transfer properly I just copy and paste the supplies into the 'ingredients' section. Then I can pin them to my calendar just like a regular recipe. My shopping list pulls in all of the supplies so I can make sure I have everything I need that week during my regular shopping trip, and I know exactly which days we are doing what.

Now, in minutes I can do what used to take hours...which meant it never got done. Thank you a million times over!

Missy Cooke
sixthirtyone.com

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by christopher on 13 Sep, 2013 04:14 PM

That’s great! Thanks for sharing that Missy. Do you mind if we add this to our testimonials?

We’ve also heard of contractors and do-it-yourselfers using Plan to Eat to compile their list for Home Depot. I always get a kick out of that.

Thanks for sharing!

2. 2 Posted by missynic on 14 Sep, 2013 12:28 PM

Hi Christopher,

Sure, go ahead!

Missy

3. christopher closed this discussion on 16 Sep, 2013 03:45 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac