cooking view!

nleprohn

13 Jul, 2013 05:03 PM

Just saw this. Had to let you know that I'm going to love this! Great idea. Thanks for always making improvements.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by christopher on 13 Jul, 2013 06:42 PM

Thanks for noticing!

2. 2 Posted by EmCooks on 15 Jul, 2013 02:27 AM

Oh yes I love this too! Just saw it today and using it right now - wonderful thanks :-)

3. 3 Posted by KatieW on 18 Jul, 2013 10:51 AM

Cooking view is great. I am so impressed with this idea! I can read it easily without having to put my reading glasses on and off while cooking, and I like the way the ingredients in the method and ingredients list are highlighted to link them. It makes checking quantities very quick and easy.
    I imagine that it would be good displayed on a tablet on a stand on the cooking bench or on a screen on the fridge.
    Thanks.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by christopher on 18 Jul, 2013 04:13 PM

Glad you like it! It is designed specifically for an iPad, but it should work on most other devices.

5. 5 Posted by nleprohn on 18 Jul, 2013 08:11 PM

It works on a hp tablet too!<br /><br /><br /><br />Sent from XFINITY Connect Mobile App<br />

6. 6 Posted by blujaded on 19 Jul, 2013 04:12 PM

I love it! The layout on my Kindle Fire is a bit off (photo attached), with the Plan To Eat bar covering the Cooking View button, but I can still select it if I press in just the right location. Also (and a little off-topic), there is a little yellow box in the top left corner that says 'you are not connected to the internet/trying again in 5 seconds' that does not go away. It only shows up in PTE and I am (almost) always connected to the internet...

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by christopher on 19 Jul, 2013 05:48 PM

Thanks for letting us know. The screen shot is really helpful! We'll take a look at that.

8. 8 Posted by digigirltx on 19 Jul, 2013 07:00 PM

I just noticed this new view also and wanted to chime in. Looks great! We just recently got a Kindle Fire, partly for use with recipes in the kitchen, so I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks!

9. Support Staff 9 Posted by christopher on 19 Jul, 2013 11:36 PM

Blujaded - Can you take a look again and tell me if you still see the "You are not connected" message? We think we have it fixed, but we don't have your exact device to test it.

Digigirltx - Let us know what you think!

10. 10 Posted by blujaded on 24 Jul, 2013 01:16 AM

The Cooking View button is now fully visible, but i still have the message 'you may not be connected to the internet' that shows up at the bottom of the screen. it's a little more out of the way, but as you can tell from one of the pictures I've attached, when I scroll up, the message does too, blocking the text.

11. 11 Posted by lisaqbowden on 24 Jul, 2013 01:12 PM

I totally love the new cooking view! Only thing I would like to see is a little color-women love color! :)

12. Support Staff 12 Posted by Clint on 25 Jul, 2013 03:28 PM

Hi blujaded,

Can you try and use our full site for your Kindle Fire? The mobile site is primarily designed for smaller screens. You can switch to the full site by clicking the "View Full Site" button at the bottom left of any page on our mobile site.

Clint

13. 13 Posted by dianac7 on 31 Jul, 2013 05:35 PM

I love the cooking view as well! Looks great on my laptop :)

14. 14 Posted by Shannon831 on 04 Aug, 2013 12:54 AM

BRAVO! I'm seriously in love with cooking view. Thanks!

15. 15 Posted by snookjess on 04 Aug, 2013 05:32 AM

In cooking view the ingredients that are bolded in the instructions don't match the ingredients that are bolded in the ingredients list. When I initially added the recipe it all matched up correctly, but then I added in some extra ingredients and that broke the bolding. I've attached a screen shot.

16. Support Staff 16 Posted by christopher on 05 Aug, 2013 04:21 PM

Thanks for letting us know. We'll take a look at that.

17. Support Staff 17 Posted by Clint on 05 Aug, 2013 04:57 PM

Hi snookjess,

The ingredients in your directions should properly match the ingredients list now. It was breaking because I was not taking into account the potential custom order of your ingredients list. Oops! :/

Thanks,
    Clint

18. 18 Posted by Kittybrownjs on 09 Aug, 2013 10:19 PM

Just wanted to let you know that I also love Cooking View! It's a great addition!

19. 19 Posted by mrsjfresh on 20 Aug, 2013 09:03 PM

Cooking View is amazing!!!!!

20. 20 Posted by Arline Trew on 10 Sep, 2013 02:32 AM

Just logged in for the first time in a while and found the cooking view. It's just wonderful!! It will give me an excuse to give my friends a gentle reminder about trying this app. I don't think I saw an eMail about this (may have missed it) … if not, this would be worth bragging about to your members!!

Thanks for improving an already wonderful program ...

21. Support Staff 21 Posted by christopher on 10 Sep, 2013 01:45 PM

Thanks for the kind words Arline. We appreciate it!

There is a blog post and video posted here that might be helpful to you.

Comments are closed, but you can start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac