Awesome! The right tool for the job.

susankm

03 Apr, 2013 10:53 PM

I've been struggling with food my entire adult life. I live alone, I don't have any kids, and I never really learned how to cook. I buy food at the grocery store that ends up going bad because I never know what to do with it. And then when I do find a recipe that I'd like to try, it usually requires a bunch of ingredients that I don't have. I've been overwhelmed by the task of trying to create a process and/or a database (I'm a geek by trade) to help me store and organize my recipes, plan meals, and create shopping lists, but all of my previous efforts have failed to be very helpful. Most of the time I just eat out, which is expensive and mostly not healthy.

I found your website just today from a Facebook post by 100 days of Real Food via Food, Inc. I was initially impressed by your company philosophy and billing practices, so I signed up for the free trial. After playing around a bit, I am even more impressed by your website! It is so simple and easy to use, and the Save Recipe button is freaking brilliant!!! It totally works on almost every recipe site, and when it doesn't grab the recipe, it stays open so you can easily copy and paste. I've already added a few recipes and bookmarked (in my own browser) a zillion recipe sites. I'm going to spend the evening planning some meals for the next few days and then take the shopping list to the store! I am so excited to finally be excited about cooking!

Thank you thank you thank you for creating the perfect tool for the job of cooking at home!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by christopher on 04 Apr, 2013 04:27 PM

That's great to hear. Thanks for the feedback!

Do you mind if we use this as a testimonial in our marketing materials?

2. 2 Posted by susankm on 09 Apr, 2013 06:50 PM

Hi Christopher. Yes, you can use my comments in any way you like. Thanks
    again for making such a great product!

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by christopher on 09 Apr, 2013 06:56 PM

Thank you!

Comments are closed, but you can start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac