08 Nov, 2017 07:59 PM

I'm looking for others that have to cook around an FAP condition - Familial Adenomatous Polyposis - it is a genetic disorder of the intestinal tract.

Personally my family follows a basic FODMAP, paleo, Gluten Free type diet plan.
Particulars I have to work around - so diet free of:
residual foods (beans, corn)
chocolate of any sort
Nuts - including nut meals/powders/etc (nut butters are ok if they are smooth)
seeds - including those such as sesame seeds, tomato, pepper, cucumber, melon seeds
Wheat, barley, rye

All vegetables must be thoroughly cooked - nothing raw
All meats must be cooked through (well done)
Low sugar content

I modify a LOT of recipes, and can offer up tons of tried and true, just looking for some fresh ideas.
I make everything from scratch at home, we rarely eat out.
I'm partial to stove top, oven, electric skillet, and Instant Pot meals.

1. 1 Posted by jrkmorgan2 on 08 Nov, 2017 08:00 PM

Feel free to add me.

2. 2 Posted by jrkmorgan2 on 10 Jan, 2018 08:24 PM

So far no takers? It isn't as daunting as it seems, and regular recipes can be modified easily -- so if you have a plethora of recipes that fit Instant Pot, Gluten Free, and/or Paleo friendly, we should be friends.
    Any recipes I have to modify I always copy and modify the name to say FAP Modified and leave the original links and credits as they are.

I have removed all the recipes I had that I can't use anymore, so my personal collection is sparse. HOWEVER, I'm working on adding more -- as the kitchen is finally back to working order (Hurricane Harvey!) and usable I will add more recipes as we cook more.

My PTE is jrkmorgan2

3. 3 Posted by Magstadt on 17 Jan, 2018 09:50 PM

I just started my 30 day trial. Would be interested in collaborating on a few recipes. I've done the whole30 in the past and lean towards cooking paleo or bulletproof most of the time.
    I'm not sure how to add a friend from this page though. Feel free to add me.

4. 4 Posted by kristin_d on 19 Jan, 2018 12:40 AM

I'd love to share with you! I've been low FODMAP for about two months, but I just joined PTE a couple of weeks ago, but I have a pretty good collection of recipes to work from. How do we become PTE friends?

5. 5 Posted by Sarah Konet on 13 Mar, 2018 04:04 AM

I've been gluten free and dairy free for a while but recently had to start a low FODMAP diet. I just finished a Whole 30 so I'm paleo still (for the most part). I'm fairly new to PTE and still learning the best way to input recipes, but I've tried to tag everything as best I could. Feel free to add me!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac